Our Humble Beginning
Founded in 1905 by Jean Galatoire, this infamous address distinguished itself on Bourbon St. from its humble beginning. From the small village of Pardies, France, Jean Galatoire brought recipes and traditions inspired by the familial dining style of his homeland to create the menu and ambiance of the internationally-renowned restaurant. In its fifth generation, it is the Galatoire family and descendants who have carried the tradition of New Orleans’ fine dining restaurants and influenced its evolution.
The restaurant’s culinary customs and reservation statutes have been preserved with little change throughout the decades.
Consistency has been the greatest asset that Galatoire’s has displayed for more than a century. In April 2013, Galatoire’s added a steakhouse to its family of restaurants with the opening of Galatoire's 33 Bar & Steak next door to the original Galatoire’s on Bourbon St.
More than 10 years ago, the Galatoire family wanted to strengthen the legacy of service and excellence established by their great great uncle – Jean Galatoire. Galatoire family members Michele Galatoire, Leon Galatoire, Duane Attaway and Ashley Attaway joined forces with John Georges, Todd Trosclair, William Kearney, Melvin Rodrigue, Donald “Boysie” Bollinger and John Simpson to purchase Galatoire’s. All the while staying true to this grand dame’s 114-year traditions, in which the menu and famed first floor remain untouched.
Since that time, Galatoire’s has also added Galatoire’s 33 Bar and Steak at 215 Bourbon St., to its family of restaurants.